Warren B. Davis Family Physical Therapy Center, 114
Bolivar, MO 65613
Current Research Projects
Recent Scholarly Publications and Presentations
- Thomas J, Williams T, and McNeal B. Core Strengthening and Balance: A Systematic Review of the Current Literature. Poster Presentation. Combined Sections Meeting, American Physical Therapy Association, San Diego, CA, February 2010.
- McNeal B, Olinda C. Use of Kinesio Tape in the PT Management of Chronic Right Trochanteric Bursitis Pain. Poster Presentation. APTA Annual Conference and Exposition (PT 2009), Baltimore, MD, June 2009.
- McNeal B, Olinda C, Wooderson C, Perea A, Achebodt A, Nguyen P. Rehabilitation of Shin Splints With and Without Kinesio Tape: A Comparison of Two Division II College Football Athletes. Poster Presentation. Missouri Physical Therapy Association Spring Meeting, Lake of the Ozarks, Mo April 18, 2009
- McNeal BA, Cobb KL, Maunu NA, McCadney TL, Stevens CV, Lesh SG. The Effects on Balance after Core Strengthening Using Pilates. Poster Presentation. Combined Sections Meeting, American Physical Therapy Association, Las Vegas, NV , February 9 - 12, 2009
- Harmon S, Krus K, Wambolt R, McNeal B. The Effectiveness of Taping, Strapping, and Garments in the Physical Therapy Care of Children with Neuromuscular Disorders: A Systematic Review, Poster Presentation, APTA Combined Sections Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana, February 2011.
- Millspaugh B, McNeal B. Effectiveness of a one Time Visit for a Patient with Cerebrovascular Accident in AnImpoverished South American Community, Poster Presentation, APTA Combined Sections Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana, February 2011. Poster received a “Social Responsibility” award from the Global Health SIG of the Health Policy and Administration Section of the APTA.
Why do you enjoy teaching at SBU?
"I can freely intertwine my Christian faith with my profession here. I also really enjoy the interaction with the extremely bright students we have in the program. They challenge me to be a better professor and a better clinician. "
Educational and Professional Background
Bachelor of Science in Education from Baylor University, Master of Science in Physical Therapy from Texas Woman's University, and Doctor of Physical Therapy from SBU. Most of my clinical background has been in adult rehabilitation, focused on neurological and geriatric patients.