Steven G. Lesh
Graduate Physical Therapy Research Coordinator
Associate Professor of Physical Therapy
Warren B. Davis Family Physical Therapy Center, 105
Bolivar, MO 65613
Current Research Projects
Dr. Lesh has written two textbooks, many scholarly articles, and has presented regionally, nationally and internationally on topics including the effects of educational technology on the learner, online assessment, leadership, strategic planning, e-marketing, and sports related injuries of the female athlete.
Recent Scholarly Publications and Presentations
- McPike Z, Wilson L, Lesh SG. Energy Drink Consumption on Athletic Performance: A Systematic Review. Poster Presentation. Missouri Physical Therapy Association Spring Meeting, Kansas City, MO, April 15, 2011.
- Lotz K, McDougal A, Morris H, Lesh SG. The Effects of Structured Sports Performance Programs on Injury Rates and Overall Performance in Female Athletes: A Systematic Review. Poster Presentation. Missouri Physical Therapy Association Spring Meeting, Kansas City, MO, April 15, 2011.
- Boyd C, Chesnut C, Lesh SG. Evidence in Practice: The Impact of a Manual Trigger Point Therapy Program on Tension Type Headaches. Poster Presentation. Missouri Physical Therapy Association Spring Meeting, St. Louis, MO, April 16 17, 2010.
- Fleer AC, Lesh SG, Whittington JC, Whitsel SD, Haynes DR, Wilkens KJ, Biddle LN, Cummings TF, Neufeld JJ. Comparing the effects of Nintendo® Wii Fit® balance activities versus traditional balance exercises on overall balance: a healthy subjects study: A Pilot Study. Poster Presentation. Missouri Physical Therapy Association Spring Meeting, St. Louis, MO, April 16 17, 2010.
- McNeal BA, Cobb KL, Maunu NA, McCadney TL, Stevens CV, Lesh, SG. The Effects on Balance After Core Strengthening Using Pilates. Poster Presentation. Combined Sections Meeting, American Physical Therapy Association, Las Vegas, NV, February 9-12, 2009
- Stunkel A, Lesh SG. The Clinical Management of Balance and Gait Deficits in a Patient with Thoracic Myelopathy. Poster Presentation. PT 2008: American Physical Therapy Association Annual Conference and Exposition, San Antonio, TX; June 13, 2008
- Lesh SG. Marketing Strategies for the Physical Therapy Professional. Missouri Physical Therapy Association Spring Conference, Branson, MO; April 12, 2008
- Lesh SG, Mathena C, Nitsch W. Online Education: Strategies and Techniques for Improving Student Collaboration. Combined Sections Meeting, American Physical Therapy Association, Nashville, TN; February 7, 2008
- Lesh, SG, Rowe R. Ryan KE (2008). Musculoskeletal Physical Thearpy. Found in Ryan KE. IER's National PTA Examination Review and Study Guide. Evanston, IL: International Educational Resources, Ltd.
- Lesh SG (2008). Standardized Testing Success. Found in Ryan KE. IER's National PTA Examination Review & Study Guide. Evanston, IL: International Educational Resources , LTD.
- Lesh SG, Thompson CR (2007). Marketing Health and Wellness. Chapter 18. Found in Rush-Thompson, C. (Ed.) Prevention Practice: A Physical Therapists Guide for Health, Fitness and Wellness. Slack, Inc.
- Lesh SG, Waters A, Steffes L (Invited Speakers). Marketing for the Clinician, the Practice, and the Profession: An Interactive Workshop. Health Policy & Administration Section of the APTA. Boston, MA. February 14, 2007.
- Lesh SG, Ringwald B, Wolf M. Frequency and Severity of Injuries for Collegiate Female Basketball players Taking Oral contraceptives: A Multi-Term 2-Year Prospective Study. Poster Presentation. PT 2006: American Physical Therapy Association Annual Conference and Exposition; Orlando, FL, June 24, 2006.
Why do you enjoy teaching at SBU?
"I particularly enjoy the small classroom experience and the interaction with dedicated Christian learners."
Luke 2: 1-28
Educational and Professional Background:
Lesh earned a BHS in Physical Therapy from the University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri. He completed his Post Graduate work in Athletic Training at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas. Lesh also holds a Masters of Public Administration from Arkansas State University in Jonesboro, Arkansas; an Educational Certificate in Distance Learning from Capella University in Minneapolis, Minnesota; and finally a PhD in Business at Capella University, in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Dr. Lesh's professional Background includes being a licensed Physica Therapist, a Certified Athletic Trainer, A Board Certified Specialist in Sports Physical Therapy by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties, and a Member of the United States Olympic Committee Volunteer Sports Medicine Team.