Pursue your professional goals
Southwest Baptist University Career Services is dedicated to helping you explore potential
vocations, prepare for your future and successfully transition into the professional
To help you investigate possible vocations, prepare for the professional realm, and
achieve your goals, the Career Services office offers one-on-one assistance such as:
- Individualized career counseling
- Advice about potential career opportunities
- Mock job interviews
- Help with resumes, cover letters and the entire job search process
- Assessments, such as the Holland Codes, to determine potential career options
Whether you are just getting started or are well on your way in the job-search process,
set up an appointment with Career Services to take advantage of these and other great
tools and resources.
Create contacts, network with potential employers and learn about job and internship
opportunities at these free regional career fairs hosted by SBU Career Services in
partnership with other regional institutions:
- Career Expo 2016: On Feb. 23, 2016, SBU students of all ages and majors are welcome
to join more than 170 employers and graduate schools from 12 to 4 p.m. at the Springfield
Expo Center, 635 E. St. Louis Street, Springfield, Mo.
- Education Day: This yearly fair features local, regional and national school districts
primarily seeking teacher candidates. The event takes place March 31, 2016, from 9:30
a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at University Plaza Convention Center, 333 S. John Q. Hammons Parkway,
When it comes to searching for jobs, it’s all about knowing where to look. Career
Services unlocks access to informative resources to help you prepare for your future,
- College Central - Job portal for SBU students and alumni where you can build a resume, create an
online portfolio, search for jobs specifically posted for the SBU community, and access
informative podcasts, videos and other files
- What Can I Do With This Major? - Find major-specific job postings, general information, preparation strategies,
common career fields, professional associations, and more
- National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) - NACE provides access to salary information, hiring outlooks, and employment trends,
as well as additional resources and job postings for students who create a NACE account.
Current students can access numerous job search and career preparation resources on
the Career Services page of the MySBU portal.
Credit By Examination
The Office of Career Services administers Credit by Examination and certain tests.
Go to the Course Transfer Equivalencies page for more information about Credit by Examination.