Why study math at SBU?
Three main reasons which all flow out of the SBU mission statement, "SBU is a Christ-centered, caring academic community preparing students to be servant leaders in a global society."
- You will receive a quality Christ-centered education provided by Christian professors whose main job is to teach students. This is in contrast to many other institutions where you may have professors who are more interested in their own research or graduate teaching assistants who are more interested in their own degree.
- You will receive instruction in small classes which allow for more interaction with other students and the professor. The professor can be more caring in this type of community than at most other universities.
- Employers are looking for employees who are prepared to be servant leaders in a global society. Most universities do not emphasize a Christ-centered education and being a servant, but employers recognize the value of having an employee who sees the proper relation of his/her work, the proper relation to others, and how his/her relation to God impacts the quality of the employee's work.
All of the top 10 go with a math major
- 1. Communication Skills
- 7. Analytical Skills
- 8. Flexibility/ Adaptability
- 9. Computer Skills
- 10. Organizational Skills
OR directly relate to the mission of SBU
- 2. Honesty/Integrity
- 3. Teamwork skills
- 4. Interpersonal Skills
- 5. Motivation/initiative
- 6. Strong Work Ethic