- Admissions Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Program Mission and Student Outcomes
- Contact Us
- Missions Opportunities
- Financial Information
The following requirements must be met before being admitted to the physical therapy program (course in progress during semester applying must be documented):
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree.
- Documented experience/observation in physical therapy. Up to 40 hours will be counted. Variety of experience is recommended.
- Completion of graduate records exam (GRE).
- Completion of the following courses with a minimum of a 3.0 prerequisite GPA and at least a "C" in each. Prerequisites should not be taken pass/fail. Course equivalencies must be approved.
- General Chemistry* - two semesters each with lab
- General Physics* - two semesters each with lab
- Biology* (human or animal-based biology, anatomy and physiology) - one semester each with lab
- Statistics - one course
- Psychology - any two courses (excluding psychological statistics)
- Pathophysiology is highly recommended
- *courses need to be in sequence from a science-based department
- As of Fall 2014, please note that it is possible there will be changes coming as related to course work in Medical Technology and Exercise Science. Please stay in contact with the PT Department for potential changes.
Any science-based courses taken three years prior must submit a Seven-Year Waiver form for the course to be considered as counting toward a prerequisite.
Ranking of applications will consider criteria established by the core faculty as follows:
- Prerequisite grade point average (30%)
- Overall grade point average (8%)
- References (15%)
- Observation experience (4%)
- Written essay/narrative (5%)
- Preferred attendance (8%)
- Graduate Record Exam (30%)