MBA Admission Requirements
Admission to Unclassified StatusStudents who do not wish to pursue a degree but who are eligible for graduate study may take up to nine (9) graduate credit hours in the College of Business and Computer Science. The ability to transfer credit for the courses completed toward the graduate program at SBU, or another college or university, depends upon the course of study provided at the time of transfer by the receiving program. Applicants who have not completed the application process are also placed in this status until requirements are met.
Admission to Classified StatusStudents may be fully admitted or conditionally admitted to the graduate program. Classified status students are admitted to the program in one of four classification categories:
- Fully Admitted - The student meets all admission standards and has been admitted to the program of study.
- Conditionally Admitted -
- Contingent Admission - Any student who has not completed the academic program prerequisites is conditionally admitted to graduate study. However, the graduate student may take no more than 9 semester hours of graduate courses without satisfying program prerequisites.
- Academic Probationary Admission - The student meets all admission standards except that the student does not present a 2.75 grade point average. This student may be admitted as a probationary student pending completion of nine hours of graduate level work with grades of "B" or better.
- Senior Admission - A senior in the last semester of his baccalaureate degree program may enroll for graduate work as a dually-enrolled student if:
- The total number of hours taken does not exceed 16 semester hours, which includes no more than nine semester hours of graduate courses.
- The student has at least a 2.75 grade point average.
- The student completes the bachelor's degree at the end of the semester.
- The student meets all other standards for admission.
A student seeking admission to the MBA program shall meet the following admission standards:
- hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- have an undergraduate grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.00 scale;
- submit a completed "Application for Admission to the MBA Program;"
- submit an official transcript of all baccalaureate and graduate level records from colleges and universities attended;
- minimum acceptable score for the GRE is 550 on the Verbal and 700 on the Quantitative. If a student has not completed the GRE or does not meet the requirements, they must take Business Calculus with a grade of B or better; and
- pay a $35 transcript evaluation fee.