- First Year Students
- Transfer Students
- International Students
- Graduate Students
Due to your academic success, you are eligible to apply for one of SBU's J.R. Maupin Founders Awards. This is a scholarship that will cover your tuition and is valued at $20,000 for the 2014-2015 school year.
If you are a selected recipient of this scholarship, it will be renewable as long as you maintain a 3.25 GPA and remain enrolled as a full-time student. Also, if you receive this scholarship, you will not be eligible to receive any other SBU scholarships.
In order to apply for this scholarship you must:
- Submit the online Scholars Application by January 15, 2014.
- Attend SBU's Scholars Day on February 8, 2014. (Your detailed itinerary will be sent in early February.)
You may already be a winner!
Everyone who participates in Scholars Day, and does not receive a J.R. Maupin Founders Award, will receive a Dutile Scholars Award ranging in value from $500 to $2,500!
You will automatically receive either the Ingman Distinguished Scholars Award or the Pike Scholars Award and the Dutile Scholars Award will be in addition to your scholarship. If you are selected for our J.R. Maupin Founders Award, you will not be eligible to receive either one of these scholarships.
Interested in our Honors Program?
Students that meet the requirements of, and wish to apply to, the Gordon & Judy Dutile Honors Program will be considered by the Honors Committee using this application and the results of Scholars Day. The requirements for the Dutile Honors Program are as follows:
- ACT score of 28 or higher; SAT score of 1230 or higher (combination of Math & Critical Reading sections)
- High school GPA of 3.5 or higher
There is a question in the application which allows you to convey your intention to apply to the Dutile Honors Program. If you would like more information on the Dutile Honors Program, please visit the Honors Program website.
The Application in 3 easy steps!
- Watch for the online application, coming in November.
- Complete and save the online application.
- Submit the complete application by January 15, 2014.