We’re Here For You
As a high school guidance counselor, you play a vital role in helping students choose the best path after graduation. Certainly, one college does not meet the needs of every student any more than one career suits every person. If you or your students have questions about college, we encourage you to use SBU staff as a resource. We are here to help in every way we can.
Top Advantages of an SBU Education
- Professors who care: At SBU, not only do we have small class sizes but our professors go above and beyond to help students in their academic and spiritual growth.
- Record of academic excellence: SBU academic teams in business, speech and debate, psychology, and computer science all have competed well in regional and national contests. Our education majors are sought after by local school systems and our accounting students often secure jobs well-before graduation.
- Integration of faith in the classroom: At SBU, we believe that our faith should affect every aspect of life, and that means effectively integrating Christian values in our academic studies and students’ future careers.
- Affordable, private education: SBU has been nationally recognized for working with students to make a private, Christian education affordable.
- University Success Center: The University Success Center helps incoming freshman and transfer students adjust to life at SBU and guides them along their path to finding the right major for them.
Contact Admissions any time. We also invite you to visit the SBU campus and see for yourself why our caring, Christ-centered campus has been ranked among America’s 100 Best College Buys® for 12 consecutive years and why SBU is among the schools considered to offer America’s Best College Scholarships®. SBU has also been ranked among America's Best Christian Colleges® for 11 years.