Meet Jesse Lewis
transfer student Class of 2009
“Transferring to SBU has been a wild ride. I was nervous about transferring colleges. I thought I was going to lose a lot of my credit hours. SBU worked well with me to bring in as many of those credits as possible to ensure I finished my degree on time. I know that this is where God wants me to be. Since I have been here I have been amazed to see how He has brought people in my life and opened doors while I have been here on campus. I am relieved that it was a smooth transition.”
The 1-2-3s of Transferring to SBU
When you transfer to SBU, we know you’re not new to college life just new to our campus. For this reason, you won’t simply be grouped with freshmen entering college for the first time. Your situation is different, and you’ll receive the level of individual attempt needed to make your transfer seamless. The checklist below will help navigate the transfer admission process. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Erica McCallister, transfer admissions representative, at 417-328-1816 or call toll-free 800-526-1912.
7 Steps To Transfer
1. Apply – Do it online right now.
2. Provide Transcripts — We need transcripts from every institution where you have earned credit.
3. Be Accepted — You need a GPA of at least 2.00 or above. The admissions committee must review lower GPAs.
4. Send Your Enrollment Deposit — this holds your place.
5. Submit Your Housing Request — Students with fewer than 90 credit hours or who are under 21 must live on campus.
6. Send in the Principles and Expectations Form — A requirement to enroll
7. Enroll in classes — Transfer students can enroll early as long as the 6 steps above have been completed