Alcohol and Drug Education and Prevention
Training Program (ADEPT)
The Residence Life Department works closely with student alcohol educators and resident assistants in planning non-alcoholic social opportunities and programs on campus, including free drug and alcohol-free activities during our annual Drug and Alcohol Awareness Week.
The goals of our peer educator program are:
- To develop a comprehensive university prevention program that involves the university family, student constituents, and the community.
- To educate students about SBU’s zero tolerance policy on drugs and alcohol.
- To create a healthy campus environment by educating students about healthy living and choices.
- To promote alcohol and drug free recreational and social activities on campus.
- To recruit and train student leaders on campus as peer educators.
- To assess student perceptions and evaluate the effectiveness of the program