(417) 328-1556 or 328-8733
SBU is not immune to bomb threats. Some threats may be made as pranks. All threats will be taken seriously. Upon receiving a bomb threat the department of safety and security, along with local law enforcement agencies, will evaluate the validity of the threat.
Follow the steps below in the event of a bomb threat.
- Try to obtain as much information as possible from the caller. Use the Bomb Threat Checklist.
- Notify Safety and Security immediately.
- If the threat is immediate, evacuate the building.
- If you find a suspicious item, DO NOT TOUCH IT.
- Clear the area
- Call Safety and Security immediately.