Welcome Week is Southwest Baptist University's new student orientation program. First time freshmen as well as transfer students are encouraged to attend. Welcome Week 2014 will provide a great opportunity for new students to become better acquainted with SBU and with one another. The weekend events, along with the New Student Orientation program, will help you meet new friends, make the transitions academically and provide opportunities for you to begin thinking about what it means to follow Christ in a collegiate environment.
Information for Move-In-Day
- All Students will need to check in at the south entrance of the Meyer Wellness and Sports Center. Check-In will begin at 8:00 a.m. and will take place until 2:00 p.m. This is where you will receive your t-shirt (if you ordered one), meal tickets, schedule for the week, group assignment and details for the rest of the day.
- Lunch will be served in the SBU cafeteria on Thursday, August 21st from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. New SBU students eat for free. Additional tickets are $6.00 each. **Meal tickets purchases are non-refundable.
- You may begin moving into the residence halls at 8:00 a.m. There will be plenty of students around to help you move your stuff in to you room.
- There will be a Parent Orientation at 3 p.m. During this time the students will meet their groups.
- Welcome Week officially begins as the students filter into Pike Auditorium at 5 p.m. After this time, parents will head home.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact:
Director of Student Activities
Southwest Baptist University
1600 University Ave.
Bolivar, MO 65613
Fax: (417) 328-1579