SBUBolivar, Missouri Est. 1878
Policies and Procedures
- Entrance to the Aquatics Area may only be gained when the lifeguard is present. The lifeguard on duty is to be obeyed at all times.
- The Aquatics Area may be closed at any time by the Wellness Center Director or Head Lifeguard due to inclement weather or possible health concerns from water borne or blood borne bacteria.
- Swimmers may be required to perform a swimming test by the lifeguards. If unable to pass the test; swimmers will be restricted to the shallow water area of the pool. The swim test consists of: Continuous swim – 25 yards on front, followed by 1 minute of treading water.
- Adult, parent, or guardian supervision is required for swimmers under 16 years of age.
- All swimmers must shower from head to toe before entering the pool.
- Appropriate swimming attire is required. Only conventional one-piece, clean, bathing suite or two-piece suite covered by a dark T-shirt may be worn. No cut-offs, walking shorts, jeans, or clothing deemed inappropriate or damaging to filtration system will be allowed.
- All swimmers wearing diapers or of diaper wearing age must wear swimsuit diapers or tight fitting rubber or plastic pants that will contain urinary or fecal matter.
- Shoulder length hair should be tied back or put in a swim cap.
- Food or beverages are not allowed in the Aquatic Area. Water in sealable containers is allowed.
- People with open sores or wounds, infectious diseases or rashes are not permitted in the pool. Contact the lifeguard if you have any questions.
- Walk on the pool deck at all times. NO RUNNING, pushing, horseplay or any action that may endanger personal safety or the safety of other swimmers is allowed.
- No personal water toys allowed. Flotation devices, arm-floats, rafts, life jackets may be used for children under the direct supervision of an adult.
- Adults may use jogging belts for water exercise.
- Public display of affection is prohibited.
- Kickboards and water exercise equipment must be used for its intended purpose.
- No Diving in the shallow end of pool. There is only to be one person on a diving board at all times. Divers are responsible for their landing area. The correct and appropriate diving skill should be used at all times. There is to be only one spring per dive. Divers will be allowed to exit the boards by descending the steps. Divers waiting to dive must not be on the ladder until the diver on the board has entered the water.
- All injuries or maintenance needs must be reported to the lifeguard on duty.
- Immediate attention must be given to a lifeguard whistle. One long whistle by the lifeguard indicates an emergency and is the signal for swimmers to clear the pool.