As today’s global society becomes even more connected through technology, Southwest
Baptist University provides information technology resources to enhance academic learning.
Through the MySBU portal, you have a single entry point to all SBU technology resources, including:
- Blackboard Learning Management System — Timely access to grades, assignments, collaborative
working spaces and assessment opportunities
- WebAdvisor/Student Self-Service — Online, real-time access to academic, account, financial
aid, course, and transcript information
- Microsoft 365 — A feature-rich suite of Microsoft tools including personal email,
calendar, contacts, tasks, and Microsoft Office for FREE (install Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
OneNote and Outlook on up to five devices for free). To access the free Office suite
products, log into the MySBU portal and access your SBU Email. Once your inbox is
open, click the Office 365 link at the top of the page. The resulting page will explain
the options and provide you information on installation.
- Wireless Printing — With wireless printing technology, you can print directly from
your laptop to the state-of-the-art printers in our computer labs. The technology
fee every student pays includes a $20 credit to your printing account each semester.
Printing costs 5 cents per black laser print and 15 cents per color print. Once your
account is depleted, you can add to your account by calling the ITS Help Desk at (417)
- Campuswide Wi-Fi network — Whether you are in an academic building or a residence
hall, SBU_WIFI has you covered. Additionally, each room in the residence halls has
at least two Ethernet network connections for high-speed access to email and the Internet.
- FREE SBU mobile app — Available on both Android and Apple OS mobile devices, SBU Mobile provides great features, including access to grades, course schedules, campus event
calendars, campus news, dining hall menu, important phone numbers, campus maps, local
merchant discounts and much more.
- Anti-virus/malware at a reduced price — Through Thirtyseven4's Faculty and Staff Appreciation
Program, SBU students also can purchase a 1-year subscription of Thirtyseven4 Antivirus for only $10, a savings of $20 off the standard price for a 1-user license. The software
is available for Windows and Mac OS X. The purchase also includes full tech support