Technology services At SBU
As today’s global society becomes even more connected through technology, Southwest
Baptist University provides information technology resources to enhance academic learning.
Through the MySBU portal, you have a single entry point to all SBU technology resources, including:
- Blackboard Learning Management System — Timely access to grades, assignments, collaborative
working spaces and assessment opportunities
- WebAdvisor/Student Self-Service — Online, real-time access to academic, account, financial
aid, course, and transcript information
- Microsoft Office 365 — A feature-rich suite of Microsoft tools including personal
email, calendar, contacts, tasks, and Microsoft Office for FREE (install Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, OneNote and Outlook on up to five devices for free). To access the free
Office suite products, log into the MySBU portal and access your SBU Email. Once your
inbox is open, click the Office 365 link at the top of the page. The resulting page
will explain the options and provide you information on installation.
- Wireless Printing — With wireless printing technology, you can print directly from
your laptop to the state-of-the-art printers in our computer labs. The technology
fee every student pays includes a $20 credit to your printing account each semester.
Printing costs 5 cents per black laser print and 15 cents per color print. Once your
account is depleted, you can add to your account by calling the ITS Help Desk at (417)
- Campuswide Wi-Fi network — Whether you are in an academic building or a residence
hall, SBU_Wireless has you covered. Additionally, each room in the residence halls
has at least two Ethernet network connections for high-speed access to email and the
- FREE SBU mobile app — Available on both Android and Apple OS mobile devices, SBU Mobile provides great features, including access to grades, course schedules, campus event
calendars, campus news, dining hall menu, important phone numbers, campus maps, local
merchant discounts and much more.